[theme-reviewers] Webmaster Tools IDs - plugin territory?

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Tue Jul 16 14:39:50 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-16 08:54, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) wrote:
> Do you have any facts supporting the claim of end users having a
> difficult time when switching themes?
>
> Most users who switch themes often do it within the first week of
> having a blog, to find one they really like, in my opinion - and
> haven't necessarily gotten into too much with their themes to even care.
>
> So, yeah .. back up what you're saying with facts please.
>
> A link to a post of some user anywhere that has had trouble switching
> themes from one to another that couldn't move over data.

It is what I do for a living. I make 90%+ of my income working with
WordPress themes and a solid 20% of that is fixing the mess that non
presentational code has wreaked on users blogs.

If users understood as much as you desperately want to think they do, I
would have to go dig ditches for a living. That denigrates users only is
so far as i am denigrated by taking my car to a mechanic because i don't
understand how to fix it, or to a body shop because i don't have the
tools and skills to paint it.

Are you really suggesting no user ever uninstalls your theme?