[theme-reviewers] Webmaster Tools IDs - plugin territory?

Jason Clarke jgc at jasonclarke.org
Sun Jul 14 23:56:11 UTC 2013

Hi Emil,

Thank you for your reply. Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing, but so I
understand- why is an Analytics snippet plugin territory, but a third-party
site ID (such as Webmaster Tools) considered allowable in a theme's
options? In both cases (Analytics and Webmaster Tools), the site would lose
its association with the third-party tool if the theme was switched.

Jason

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Emil Uzelac <emil at uzelac.me> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Assuming that we're referring to Theme Options, this should be fine.
>
> *As long as this is not hardcoded and properly added :)*
>
> Thanks,
> Emil
>

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Jason Clarke <jgc at jasonclarke.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Admins,
>>
>> Long-time listener, first-time caller here- in reviewing my first theme,
>> I remembered a recent list discussion on how Analytics-specific fields in
>> themes are not allowed because they're considered plugin territory.
>>
>> On a related note, I'm assuming that other similar fields such as "Google
>> Webmaster Tools ID" and "Alexa ID" are also plugin territory- can the
>> admins confirm this is the case?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Jason
>>
>> PS - As a side/related note, it would be super helpful if the list
>> archives where somehow searchable - that might be one more avenue for
>> newbies like myself to check before emailing the list (assuming guidelines
>> haven't changed).
>>
>> --
>> Jason Clarke
>> http://jasonclarke.org