[theme-reviewers] regarding Theme Check plugin

Jonathan Marzullo jonathanfever at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 00:12:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

I notice that in the *Theme Check* plugin when running tests, it
displays that it is *REQUIRED* for *add_theme_page()* to be used in
place of *add_menu_page()*.

Im not understanding why it is not allowed? Since add_menu_page adds a
top level menu item, whereas add_theme_page() only adds a submenu
under the Appearance
top level menu. So basically I don't understand why its required
instead of recommended, when Wordpress Codex has that method available
for wp developers to use?
Thank you for any help regarding my question! And thank you for such a
cool Theme Check plugin tool.. Its very helpful!

~ Jonathan