[theme-reviewers] Question to moderator

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Jul 2 11:16:36 UTC 2013

on 02/07/2013 09:50 Ractors said the following:
> These are recommended not required so i am little confuse with this.
> Without these files (not child theme) can we make theme live ?

I'm a little confused by the question. :-)

In theory, it is possible to create a theme with just an index.php and a
style.css file but they're pretty few & far between. All of the template
files you listed are only recommended - not required, so this has to be
assessed on a per-theme basis. Perhaps if you referenced the ticket of
the theme you're currently reviewing, someone else could have a quick
look at it?

HTH

Mel / esmi
--