[theme-reviewers] Clarification of Theme Naming Rules

Merci Javier mercijavier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 00:17:25 UTC 2013

There's no trademark infringement on one word, specially none as generic as
responsive.  If one put an "Apple" theme where design was about apples
etc., Apple can't touch that. I know of a  company who sued a competitor
for using Yellow Pages plus and lost, didn't get to court, got thown out.

So in effect, if someone used My Responsive World as theme name, that's no
cause to reject the  theme. No infringement at all.