[theme-reviewers] "GPL 2 or later" and Bootstrap

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jan 29 13:26:12 UTC 2013

"GPLv2 or later" means that a downstream derivative may release under GPLv2
or GPLv3.

In this case, since Bootstrap is licensed under Apache 2.0, which is
compatible with GPLv3 but *not* compatible with GPLv2, the Theme itself
must be GPLv3 (explicitly), rather than the more permissive/ambiguous
"GPLv2 or later".

Regards,

Chip