[theme-reviewers] A Question - Theme with Plugin

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Tue Jan 29 06:51:47 UTC 2013

IMHO Themes should not bundle plugins with the Theme for couple of reasons:

   - User should be able to swap the Theme without possibility of loosing
   their content.
   - Updates, core and Theme

You are much better off with something like this:
http://tgmpluginactivation.com/
(maybe not the perfect and the only way, but you'll get the idea)

Recommend a plugin instead and prompt your users that they're "missing" a
plugin.

Quote from Michael FIelds :)

"If you're building a bathroom and you change the wallpaper, the toilet
shouldn't disappear, too."

Thanks,
Emil