[theme-reviewers] Top Level Menu for Theme Options

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jan 25 13:01:02 UTC 2013

First and most importantly, I want to reiterate: "but Theme X does it" is
never a valid argument. Themes are evaluated against current Guidelines,
and not against other Themes.

Your original assessment was correct: Themes must place their Theme options
page under Appearance, via add_theme_page().

Most guidelines are open to granting exceptions, for legitimate,
exceptional purposes. Pagelines requested and received an exception for
this requirement.

Regards,

Chip