[theme-reviewers] Need A Final Call

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jan 21 13:54:11 UTC 2013

Basically, anything "custom" that gets put in the document head should be
added via callback to an appropriate hook, with wp_head being the fallback.
For most scripts/stylesheets, the appropriate hook is going to be
wp_enqueue_scripts. For IE-conditional scripts, this hook can be used, if
the $GLOBALS['wp_styles']->add_data() method is used:
http://kuttler.eu/post/wordpress-style-version-conditional-comments/

Otherwise, wp_head can still be used.

Regarding $content_width: all functional code in functions.php should be
wrapped in a callback and hooked into an appropriate action - in this case,
after_setup_theme.