[theme-reviewers] Need Help

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jan 12 14:47:04 UTC 2013

Simply including a reference URL for bundled/derived code in a Theme is not
sufficient. Themes must *explicitly* declare the copyright information and
license declaration for bundled/derived code included in the Theme. Users
or downstream developers should not have to search elsewhere for this
information.

For reference, here is how I include such information in Oenology:
https://github.com/chipbennett/oenology/blob/master/help/license.htm

I also recommend retaining the readme documentation for any bundled code.
Usually, the original readme docs already contain the required
copyright/license information, and by retaining them, the Theme already
meets the requirement.

For questions of license GPL-compatibility, refer to GNU. This list is
considered the *official* list of GPL-compatible licenses; any license not
listed here will need to be verified as being GPL-compatible by reviewing
the actual license terms):
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

(Yes, MIT is GPL-compatible, and is included in this list. :) )

Regards,
Chip

>>> www.freestockphotosclub.com