[theme-reviewers] Nifty theme: copyright infringement

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Jan 4 07:04:41 UTC 2013

I hate to bring topics up like this because it saddens me that these
sort of things are still happening in the WP community.  But, I must do
it in this case.

I wanted the mods to be aware that the Nifty theme is blatantly copying
my Prototype theme and Hybrid Core framework without proper attribution.

Nifty theme link:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/nifty

Prototype theme link:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/prototype

Most, but not all, of my copyright notices have been removed from the
code.  Many copyright notices have been replaced with the theme author's
name as well.

I can give a full, line-by-line report of the code if I need to sometime
tomorrow.  But, my guess is that anyone that takes a look at both themes
and their code can see that it's clear.