[theme-reviewers] Are the rules same for everyone?

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:11:26 UTC 2013

*@Otto* - But then again, there's a company named Apple. It doesn't matter
if a name is considered creative by a reviewer, that's wholly subjective
and unimportant. What matters is that it's not confused with other themes
in the repo and isn't against the guidelines (which clearly will need to be
refined at this point).

At the time of Responsive being first added it still was a unique name that
hadn't yet become a "household" name in the context we now know it. This
will likely still happen with many words to come. Obviously the guidelines
can only cover article words or obvious generic WordPress/web design
related words.

@Chip - "*"Responsive" and "Max Responsive Magazine". Users are not going
to assume that one is related to the other, or designed by the same person,
etc.*" Agreed, this would be a judgment call situation though when we
discuss "Max Responsive" as a theme name. It's a gray area.

We could just say screw it, if a name is available, take it (so long as the
person isn't breaking any obvious trademark laws).