[theme-reviewers] Specialty themes?

Greg Priday greg at siteorigin.com
Sun Feb 24 14:27:02 UTC 2013

I came across 2 coming soon themes this weekend. It would be difficult
for us to accept them given the current guidelines. We'd need to
introduce a lot of special cases, especially with the unit test
requirements.

I feel that if something drastically changes the frontend
functionality of WordPress, it's in the plugin domain.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Abhik Biswas <abhik at itsabhik.com> wrote:
> I agree with the reviewer in this particular ticket.
> I am on with having speciality themes in repo as long as they have options
> to show theme unit test data anyway.
>
> WordPress is no longer just a blogging platform or cms and we should
> conditionally (as of now) welcome new ideas.
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> On Feb 24, 2013 7:37 PM, "Otto" <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>>
>> Question for the list: What's your take on speciality themes?
>>
>> I ask because I saw this:
>> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10866
>>
>> -Otto

I make free WordPress themes