[theme-reviewers] Trademark Issue

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:42:52 UTC 2013

Never mind, GroundWork is a very very common name (when I first researched
it over a year ago, nothing came up so maybe I really was the first), but,
now I found 3 different companies with the name and a couple other software
related items named GroundWork, probably dozens more. So, what this isn't,
is a private trademark issue.

If the plugin author is to change its name, it'll have to be purely on the
grounds of .org's decision which has always been a first come, first serve
scenario. If it were just themes or if it were just plugins that would be a
no-brainer, but a theme AND a plugin with the exact same name creates a
unique situation.

So, it's either:

*1.* Still the first come, first serve policy.

OR

*2.* They're entirely different repos, fair game.

Thanks, Bryan