[theme-reviewers] bundled images licenses

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 15 13:23:20 UTC 2013

If you are not the owner of a work, you cannot re-license that work.

So, if you get a social network icon directly from that social network's
site, and the site hasn't distributed that icon under a GPL-compatible
license, then you can't arbitrarily re-license it as GPL. Instead, you'll
need to find a GPL-licensed icon to use instead (or make your own, and then
license them under GPL).