[theme-reviewers] WordPress.com Theme Guide

Michael Fields michael at mfields.org
Thu Feb 14 16:04:38 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that we, the Theme Team at Automattic, have been working to better organize our premium theme review process. We’ve started with code review guidelines and published the results at: http://developer.wordpress.com/themes/ It’s our hope that making our guidelines avalable to the public will make our theme reviews and conversions we perform for WordPress.com faster and easier.

If there’s anything that you find here that you feel would be appropriate for the WordPress.org Guidelines please feel free to add them! We would be really excited While most of the guidelines would benefit any WordPress theme there are definitely WordPress.com specific rules in there which may not be appropriate to themes released on Extend.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

See also: http://themeshaper.com/2013/02/14/the-wordpress-com-public-theme-guide/

-Mike