[theme-reviewers] Author website advertises themeforest

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Feb 13 16:53:54 UTC 2013

I could get overruled if I'm misinterpreting here, but it is, IMHO, a
bridge too far to ask Theme Reviewers to evaluate all advertising on links
used as Theme URI/Author URI. So, it depends on the specific advertisement
in question.

There's a difference between selling or promoting non-GPL Themes, and a
generic advertising banner. Linking to one's own Themes for sale, or an
affiliate link to non-GPL Themes? Sure. That's reasonable to ask the
developer to remove.

But a generic banner ad?