[theme-reviewers] Grayscale Theme

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 02:26:33 UTC 2013

I just finished my new theme Grayscale, after checking the front-end of
wp.org to make sure it was available and of course I didn't think to check
the trac and blam, was met with the dreaded:

*"There is already a theme called 'grayscale' by a different author. Please
change the name of your theme in style.css and upload it again."*

The original person who tried to use this name last tried over two years
ago and wasn't approved:

https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2366

I also followed the link to the theme URI:

http://mazznoer.web.id/wordpress-themes/grayscale/

And it just 404s and it doesn't appear the theme was ever otherwise
finished and promoted under any other means. Perhaps the author is on this
list, I'll otherwise see if I can contact them. In any case, if they have
no intention of ever finishing their theme...

*@Otto* - Would you be able and willing to transfer the *grayscale* theme
name to my WP username *bhadaway*?

Here's their profile: http://profiles.wordpress.org/mazznoer (which links
to their website), but there's no contact info whatsoever (or really any
means to communicate with them that I can tell). If they're totally MIA is
it still possible to release the theme name?

Thanks, Bryan