[theme-reviewers] Rule Addition?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:42:29 UTC 2013

There's no question it would be a benefit to others providing support to
themes and that is why I like the idea ... and I cannot see why it wouldn't
be a benefit even to the theme author when providing assistance with a
possible theme issue. The rub is it's not currently a standard in WordPress
core (at least not that I am aware of) and I would much prefer supporting
an initiative that was reflected in core as a guideline than pushing for
something that core may adopt differently in the (near?) future.

Although some sorts of documentation and annotations are clearly and easily
defined and in many cases should be REQUIRED, given there is a certain
amount of "poetic license" with inline comments (and some really geeky
jokes if you look long enough) that I would be happy to push for a
recommended approach (and not ever push for a higher significance) to keep
those Easter eggs in code written by those Theme authors that also have a
flair for creative writing.

Let's just say I'm taking a "wait and see" approach and as such would only
support this idea as the prerogative of the reviewer and not a
recommendation of the guidelines ... and I definitely would love to read
feedback from others as well.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.