[theme-reviewers] Rule Addition?

Aaron Nimocks aaron_nimocks at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 14:12:03 UTC 2013

I haven't gave this complete thought yet but I would assume this has been brought up before so just wanted to know if it has or why we don't do this.

From a support or even end user perspective I would absolutely love if each template file was required to have a comment for when it started and ended.  This way just viewing the source you can instantly tell which file it is in.  I really don't think it would require too much effort for theme submitters but I think it would make a great deal of difference for supporting these themes as well as allowing end users to have a method of finding which page to edit.

Using something standard like

<!-- TEMPLATE FILE footer.php Start -->
<!-- TEMPLATE FILE footer.php End -->

or for hooks

<!-- TEMPLATE HOOK wp_footer Start -->
<!-- TEMPLATE HOOK wp_footer End -->

I just went through real quick and adding some on http://www.wpbum.com/how-to-get-jobs-on-odesk.html for just page template and only took a few minutes.  But by viewing the source code it makes it really easy to see where all the code is being generated from and where to go to edit.

Why isn't something like this a standard?

Aaron