[theme-reviewers] Newbie theme reviewer question - Browser compatability

Alex Watson alex at alexwatson.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 00:01:44 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!

So I'm reviewing my first theme, and a few mins into it I find this in the readme.txt:

* NOT SUPPORTED on Internet Explore *

Is that okay? Are themes allowed to be built and not work in IE at all? It's probably the fussy web developer side of me coming out here, as everything I do has to work in IE8+ :) I've not got so far as to have tested it in IE yet, but are we even required to do cross browser testing? I think we should, but I can't see that in the review guidelines anywhere.

Anyway, please let me know if I'm just being too fussy here! (and sorry if this has been asked before but I just joined this mailing list a couple of days ago)

Many thanks

Alex