[theme-reviewers] Theme names and updates

Morgan Kay morgan at wpalchemists.com
Sun Dec 22 21:55:34 UTC 2013

I will certainly do this (probably a combination of prefixing theme
names and the exclude from updates filter) from now on when I develop
themes.... But this particular site is actually using a theme developed
by a friend of mine, so I'm concerned about the bigger picture here.  I
have seen this happen more than once I sites I have developed and/or
maintained. In all my years developing themes and reading tutorials, I
have never seen this problem addressed... So it seems like we either
need to do a better job of letting theme developers know that this is a
potential problem, or adjust how the API looks for updates so that it is
less likely to be a problem.

Thanks!

Morgan Kay
WordPress Alchemists