[theme-reviewers] Theme requirements for adaptive vs. responsive themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Aug 25 19:59:17 UTC 2013

I don't think there's anything that *has* to be left up to a shortcode,
even for adaptive design. The developer should make those decisions, based
on the supported screen sizes - i.e. decisions, not options.  Making those
decisions has nothing to do with a Theme creating or modifying content;
rather, those decisions merely impact the *presentation* of that
content. The implementation of those decisions can be handled in a manner
that is 100% consistent with maintaining the presentation-vs-functionality
segregation.