[theme-reviewers] microformats tag

yulian yordanov yul.yordanov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:18:00 UTC 2013

> What does a Theme need to be able to use the "microformats" tag?
Nothing but the will of the theme's author to include them :)
Microformats are just additional HTML tags. They could be used in any
document written with HTML, so in a content generated with WordPress too.

> Does it mean if one microformat is used then the theme is allowed to
> use the tag?
Yes it does. They are like any other HTML tag, you don't have to use
them all in order your document be valid HTML, do you.

Fingli

On 23.8.2013 г. 16:35 ч., Ulrich Pogson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What does a Theme need to be able to use the "microformats" tag?
> How would a theme reviewer check if the theme is allowed to use the
> "microformats" tag?
>
> I suppose you could test for valid microformats.
> http://microformats.org/wiki/validators
> Does it mean if one microformat is used then the theme is allowed to
> use the tag?

yulian yordanov
post-scriptum.info <http://post-scriptum.info/>