[theme-reviewers] Tags and description.

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 19:06:15 UTC 2013

My personal vote for tags in concept is to never add anything that's too
subjective.

For example, a tag like *responsive* should be reviewed in the sense of a
quick browser window resize to see that yes, it generally adapts to the
"screen" size. It should never be an in-depth affair of using a tool like
http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ and actually reviewing the quality of the
responsive design as that's just insane.

So, basically I think the criteria for a tag is that it has to be instantly
and natively (wherever your testing area is) recognizable and measurable, a
basic yes or no to the tag in question. Outside of that, the more the
merrier:

responsive, content-only, custom-templates, custom-post-types,
social-icons, slider-enabled, seo-friendly (that one might be too
subjective and hard to test), html5-structured, css3-styled,
header-sidebar, footer-sidebar, footer-menu, custom-colors,
custom-copyright to name a few.