[theme-reviewers] Suggestion for Theme Descriptions

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Aug 21 00:55:34 UTC 2013

Theme descriptions on wordpress.org/themes have not allowed html in
them of any sort for at least 2 years, probably longer (I'd have to
trace the code back to find out exactly when, but it's probably
pointless, as it definitely has been at least that long). This is
intentional, however it could be made somewhat smarter as long as
proper security was observed. This is suitable for a ticket in the
meta.trac, assuming one does not already exist.

Theme descriptions in wp-admin allow a limited subset of html, as
defined in wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php (line 616 or thereabouts).
This html is basically this passed through kses:

static $header_tags_with_a = array(
'a'       => array( 'href' => true, 'title' => true ),
'abbr'    => array( 'title' => true ),
'acronym' => array( 'title' => true ),
'code'    => true,
'em'      => true,
'strong'  => true,
);
$value = wp_kses( $value, $header_tags_with_a );

-Otto