[theme-reviewers] Default Wordpress Functionality Disabled

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Aug 10 13:19:29 UTC 2013

We don't allow "reinventing the wheel" in order to get around the
requirement not to lock core functionality behind the commercial paywall.

There are lots of ways to add a custom background and a custom header.
WPORG-hosted Themes are required to support the core implementation of
those features, and are required not to lock those core features behind a
commercial paywall. You can't just come up with a custom implementation of
a core feature just to be able to lock that feature behind the commercial
paywall.

This Theme's implementation of the "post format" feature is a perfect
example.