[theme-reviewers] Options Framework Discussion

Devin Price devin at wptheming.com
Thu Apr 18 02:46:57 UTC 2013

Hi.  I wanted to bring a discussion that Chip and I were having in
ticket to the larger group for feedback.

The question is whether libraries like the "Options Framework" should be
bundled directly with the theme or if it's better to use a plugin to
enable the functionality.

I've always considered both approaches equally valid- though I recommend
using the plugin version if no modifications are being made to the
framework.  Arguments for both are represented in the ticket:
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12027

Curious to know what other people think.

Thanks much,
Devin.