[theme-reviewers] Them updates and best practice

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Apr 15 21:11:30 UTC 2013

I wouldn't make it a child theme, as such. If it's a matter of CSS
adjustments and possibly some minor HTML changes, then a checkbox
option somewhere would be better. Something like "Enable Mobile
version" or something like that. I'd even default it to enabled. For
CSS at least, it's a simple matter of then just enqueue-ing the mobile
CSS or not.

Note, I would avoid using the word "Responsive" in the theme options.
Nobody but designers really knows what that word means (and IMO, most
of them will disagree with each other if you lock them in a room to
fight about it). Real-world people do understand what "mobile" means
though. :)

-Otto