[theme-reviewers] Them updates and best practice

Emil Uzelac emil at uzelac.me
Mon Apr 15 20:51:46 UTC 2013

I was answering from my truck while waiting on kiddo from the school,
so here's something else instead.

Add-on = incorporate into, not extras. The most easiest way to handle
fixed to flex is to convert any and all fixed widths to either max-width
or percentages, however you find this easier.

Percentages are easily calculated:

First we take the largest width of your Theme, let's say 980px for
#container
or #wrapper, it does not really matter, now we're going to change width:
980px
to max-width: 980px

For the rest we can use % and the calculation is very straightforward.

Take the size of your #content for example i.e. 640px and divide the
#container
size with that number like this:

640 ÷ 640 = 0.6530612244897959

next step is easy too we're removing the 0 and . in front of the 65 and
adding
that just after the 65 like this:

65.30612244897959

and the very last step is to add % like this:

65.30612244897959%

done, width: 640px is now width: 65.30612244897959%

Thanks,
Emil