[theme-reviewers] Author URL

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Sep 17 13:12:22 UTC 2012

A couple of thoughts here (that might sound a bit contradictory):

1. Some people center their entire online presence around a social network
such as Twitter or Facebook. I'm not convinced that the WPTRT should be
dictating that Theme developers use a *certain kind* of personal site in
order for that site to be considered "appropriate" for Author URI.

2. The original intent of the Author URI guidelines was that Author URI
would be a personal, *personally owned* site. Also, not using a URL does
not prevent a Theme developer from using that URL for
contact/communication. It simply means that the URL can't be used as a
public-facing credit link.

I think, from what I've read so far, I lean toward such links being
appropriate as Author URI.

Chip