[theme-reviewers] Congratulations to Atahualpa...

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Sep 17 04:26:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> Atahualpa is a base theme that is given to hosting sites that do the
> “automatic wordpress installation” they also do updates so often that the
> people who do use it download the update and that counts for the download as
> well; also they have been around a very very long time.
>
> There are many factors that give them this rather large download amount
> including good advertising.   ... when it all comes down to it, I don’t know
> if there are even 10,000 people using that theme.   Would like to see those
> ‘in use’ numbers but it’s nigh impossible to get them.

We don't release raw numbers like that, because raw numbers are a bit
meaningless by themselves, and we also cannot be sure of the accuracy
of those numbers. However, given the methodology, it does work to give
us a gauge on relative percentages and comparisons of one theme to the
other themes on a statistical basis.

So, for comparison purposes, we show 131 themes that have a user base
greater than 10k active installs. Atahualpa is currently ranked 5th in
that list.

Again, accuracy is debatable. I would gut-rank the accuracy as no
better than +/- 7%, but I'm a bit cynical about the numbers, perhaps.