[theme-reviewers] Translation Support

Vicky Arulsingam vicky.arulsingam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:38:00 UTC 2012

There seems to be some confusion regarding this item in the Theme Review
guidelines in one of the reviews I'm doing with regards to Translation
Support.

"Themes are *required* to have all public-facing text in English."

My understanding is that all text the user sees - on the front-end (viewing
the site) and the back-end (admin pages) must be localized.
Others feel that this only refers to the front-end.

I personally find it strange that you're not going to translate theme
options so a clarification would be great.

Or perhaps a better discussion would be: in what cases would there be an
exception to translation e.g. dummy text in special templates?

Thanks
-----
Vicky Arulsingam