[theme-reviewers] Is it approprite or not?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Sep 8 17:30:59 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Nisha Singh <nisha at amiworks.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  When i activate the 'Layout Engine Base theme'
> (http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9131) for test, it is Showing
> message "This theme cannot be run without Layout Engine framwork. Please
> click here install it". Is  it approprite or not?

My opinion: The theme should work without the plugin. The plugin
should only provide enhancements of some sort. It's perfectly
acceptable for the theme to recommend that the plugin be installed,
and to show messages asking the user to install it, but the theme
itself should be a functional unit without the plugin.

I'm inclined to remove both the theme and the plugin completely,
unless the author corrects the situation. Feel free to inform them of
that.