[theme-reviewers] Adding warnings to Theme-Check for remove_filter on wpautop and wptexturize

Marvin Luginbill spooky at metalink.net
Thu Sep 6 20:39:55 UTC 2012

From: Edward Caissie
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:44 AM
To: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] Adding warnings to Theme-Check for remove_filter on wpautop and wptexturize

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

  Given that Themes should not be adding post-content shortcodes, removing the wpautop filter from shortcodes should be a non-issue.

Some theme authors provide their own shortcodes for end-users to use that are relevant to the theme and its uniqueness. I do not see a reason why this should change

  I concur with making this (and any other filter that Themes shouldn't be removing) a *warning* level error.

As noted by @_mfields, there are reasonable use-cases where these filters are removed (and re-added) as well. I would lean much more to the INFO or RECOMMENDED notice levels versus the show-stopper WARNING level, but then again we can always add appropriately written themes to the exempt list as needed.

Cais.

PS: Please excuse the inline reply. EAC