[theme-reviewers] Accessibility Auditing of themes progress

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Oct 24 13:59:14 UTC 2012

on 24/10/2012 00:54 Kirk Wight said the following:
> Can you post an example/download of a theme that would meet all of these
> requirements, if you know of one? I have a hard time imagining how various
> sections would be implemented (Link Text, Keyboard Navigation and Skip
> Links are my first questions marks). Seeing actual code would really help
> imagining the work that would be involved in reviewing a theme of this
> nature.

Have a look at <http://blackwidows.co.uk/clients/wp/>

That's the ZenLite theme using the standard theme unit test data.

Or <http://edemo.quirm.net/> which is actually a demo/testing install
for the eShop plugin.

If you want to pull a theme apart locally,
<http://quirm.net/themes/billposter/> is an interesting one as the
unique part of the read more link is moved offscreen in graphical
browsers to reduce screen clutter.

Then of course there's <http://quirm.net/>. I'm not absolutely
guaranteeing that all of my themes meet all of the guidelines but I am
saying they darn well should do. So if you notice a problem, do let me
know. :-)

What I think we do need to get across is that accessible themes don't
have to be boring. They can still be graphically rich and aesthetically
pleasing.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net