[theme-reviewers] (no subject)

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Oct 15 14:15:20 UTC 2012

Post Featured Image, or Header Image?

I see a discussion about the custom header image in the ticket, but nothing
about post featured images. So, I just wanted to clarify.

Regardless, here are my thoughts:

1) It is perfectly fine to display a default image in place of the post
featured image, if ! has_post_thumbnail(). I would consider this to be part
of the developer's design aesthetic.
2) Likewise, since the custom post header image feature includes a default
parameter, it is inherently acceptable to define a default header image.
(Note: there may be other reasons that such default may not be acceptable,
such as that image being a Theme logo, or something.)

Thanks,

Chip