[theme-reviewers] Multiple Translation Domains

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:04:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
There was a recent discussion on the forum regarding the translation-ready
tag and whether or not back-end translation was needed for the
translation-ready tag.

In this context I would like to ask if it is okay to include 2 translation
domains for text. E.g. "my-theme" for texts visible on the front-end and
"my-theme-admin" for texts visible on the back-end. Obviously, "my-theme"
is a theme-specific unique slug. The purpose of this split would be to
account for themes with many options in the back-end. My understanding is
that a lot of folks rely on volunteers for translation, and from a
developer's point of view this might help getting the work split up amongst
contributors. From an end user's point of view this is still transparent
since only the text domain is being changed.

Only if a theme translates everything (i.e. both "my-theme" and
"my-theme-admin" are fully translated) that the translation-ready tag gets
included. That way the review requirement stands.

Cheers,
Sayontan.

--
Sayontan Sinha