[theme-reviewers] Settings API

Shinra Web Holdings contact at shinraholdings.com
Sat Oct 6 14:02:33 UTC 2012

If you plan on changing the options around a lot, then having custom
functions to print the pieces of your settings page makes sense. But if
you're relying on do_settings_fields() for an options page, that is
probably way outside your comfort zone.

I suggest making an array of arrays each containing the info needed for 1
option, like slug, display text, default value, input type, and options
(for select and radios). Then pass this to a function that has 5 different
printf's for text/textarea/checkbox/select/radio and loops through all your
options.

If you're going to bother to do this, you also might want to consider
saving all your theme settings to a single serialized option.