[theme-reviewers] jQuery

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed May 30 12:58:17 UTC 2012

Whatever happened to
<http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2011/03/01/topic-for-discussion-jquery/>?

There's nothing in the Guidelines about it (as far as I can see):
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review>

I'm interested as I've just spent a significant number of hours trying
to debug an eShop site for another developer. Eventually narrowed it
down to the theme (commercial, advertised as "Wordpress 3.3 Ready" &
unnamed to protect the guilty). Got a copy of the theme and started
going through it.

It was de-registering core jquery in favour of a bundled version of
jQuery 1.6!

What did surprise me was that the Theme Checker plugin did not pick up
on wp_deregister_script('jquery') in functions.php.

Is that intentional?

Mel
--
http://quirm.net