[theme-reviewers] How to Leverage the Theme Customizer in Your Own Themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat May 5 15:05:53 UTC 2012

I would love to establish best-practice here. But, given that two lead
developers (Otto and Nacin) disagree on "best practice" in this case, I'd
rather take a wait-and-see approach before we introduce anything along
these lines formally into the Guidelines.

I *would*, however, strongly recommend all developers follow the
discussion, and try to understand the two philosophies. Such understanding
*will* lead to better practices in general, with respect to Theme options
and the database.

Thanks,

Chip