[theme-reviewers] GPL-compatible social media icon sets

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Tue May 1 07:30:17 UTC 2012

One more thing sorry:

May I apply CC0 to computer software? If so, is there a recommended
implementation?

Yes, CC0 is suitable for dedicating your copyright and related rights in
computer software to the public domain, to the fullest extent possible
under law. Unlike CC licenses, which should not be used for
software<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_use_a_Creative_Commons_license_for_software.3F>,
CC0 is compatible with many software licenses, including the
GPL<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#CC0>.
However, *CC0 has not been approved* by the Open Source
Initiative<http://opensource.org/> and
does not license or otherwise affect any patent rights you may have. You
may want to consider using an approved OSI license that does so instead of
CC0, such as GPL 3.0 <http://opensource.org/licenses/GPL-3.0> or
Apache 2.0<http://opensource.org/licenses/Apache-2.0>
.
This part is really important:
*CC0 has not been approved by the Open Source Initiative *and *You may want
to consider using an approved OSI license that does so instead of CC0, such
as GPL 3.0 <http://opensource.org/licenses/GPL-3.0> or Apache
2.0<http://opensource.org/licenses/Apache-2.0>
.*

Thanks,