[theme-reviewers] Why the double standards and why Pagelines gets special treatment?

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:20:54 UTC 2012

@Daniel Tara

*******I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about asking and
receiving a weaver from the guidelines.*******

Those special cases aren't necessary for the functioning of the theme their
only purpose is to brand their theme.

I asked for an exception on base64encode as my themes import/export
function depends on it. I never got any exception.

This thread is about double standards and favoritism

1. You yourself pointed that page lines clearly violates the GPL terms. Yet
they continue to be in the repository. While my theme was suspended with in
one day of notice.

2. I was asked to rewrite my code as I was using two db entries to store
options, but page lines is allowed to use 6

3. I was asked to remove the fav icon, and page lines is allowed to enable
their fav icon by default.

4. How can you allow themes to rebrand wordpress login page without user
consent?

5. We are not allowed to hot link images on the options page because of
privacy reasons.
     How can you trust the developer in not using the hot linked images for
tracking?
     If you trust him, why not trust others?

All I'm asking for is fair rules and transparency.