[theme-reviewers] Why the double standards and why Pagelines gets special treatment?

Daniel Tara contact at onedesigns.com
Mon Mar 26 17:59:03 UTC 2012

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about asking and receiving a weaver from the guidelines.

Usually hot linking images isn't allowed because of the concern the author may track the user. I'm not sure whether the rule applies only to public facing images or also to images loaded in the admin. I also don't see any issues in using their logo as the credit link. It's the same as saying "PageLines Theme", it's still their branding.

About the featured themes I have answered previously. The purpose of the featured section isn't to offer exposure to good themes but to showcase what themes can do. You can take a theme that doest have much to offer, put it on the front page and highlight it in a red box, you still won't get many downloads.

I believe a too high weight is put on the featured section while the theme admins don't even give it too much concern. Every now and then when a theme that has something out of the ordinary is discovered it's added to the list. I can point dozens of themes that are better than any of the themes in that list.

That being said, I do have a concern: I don't want this place to become some authoritarian giant where everybody want to be but nobody gets there because people have to police around instead of working to improve the service, like it happened with dmoz.org or other communities that became ghost towns. The directory needs themes as much as themes need the directory, you don't want developers to turn their backs at admins or the other way around. Please work together, not against each other.

Daniel