[theme-reviewers] Failure of review for my theme (Ahimsa 4.0)

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Mar 19 00:24:52 UTC 2012

On 19 March 2012 11:19, // ravi <ravi-lists at g8o.net> wrote:
> To me, the nice things about this are that more advanced users can do more complex “skins” which style more elements, more properties (such as fonts), so on, because a “skin” is ultimately just a set of CSS specs applied towards the end. Another reason I chose this approach is that once the skin CSS is generated at the server, there is no further server processing to be done, other than serving up the CSS to each visitor.

For more advanced users other than a point-and-click select-the-colour
user, they should be encouraged to create a Child Theme (And you
should make sure your theme works well as a Parent Theme).

I assume you're saving the colour choices in the database anyway? Or
are you parsing the CSS files in order to display the edit dialogue
again? I would strive for simplicity, without looking at the
complexity of what you're generating, the PHP overhead should be
minimal ideally, and given you're targetting your own theme, your CSS
rules shouldn't be too complex I'd have thought (As you'll have unique
classes on the elements you allow to be altered).

There's nothing wrong with a small inline <style> element in the head
with the users colour choices, if it's a significant amount of CSS,
perhaps you'd be better to look at why it's significant, can it be
reduced/etc.