[theme-reviewers] add_custom_background()

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:36:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Mats Birch <birch at birchware.se> wrote:

> (I haven't tried out add_custom_image_header() yet, but I suspect similar
> issues there.)

I had a similar discussion around add_custom_image_header a few months
back. My concern was that if you are designing fluid width themes, you tend
to offer something like a header *background* which you can tile and repeat
(a la Kubrick), not a header image (a la TwentyTen). Since
add_custom_image_header doesn't support header backgrounds the result of
the discussion was that since I was offering something that is not covered,
I could define my own approach. Here is the relevant thread:
http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2011-September/006874.html

--
Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog