[theme-reviewers] add_custom_background()

Angelo Bertolli angelo at bertolli.org
Mon Mar 12 21:32:24 UTC 2012

On 03/12/2012 05:28 PM, Mats Birch wrote:

> The obvious one: All theme options should be in one place.

I think you can still put them all in one place, just not where they are
now... which is another reason to use the built-in functions--why
confuse users with multiple "appearance" configuration menus?

> The functionality of such a standardized feature could (of course) never
> be versatile enough for all purposes.
>
> My theme, for example, have an option to toggle the display (on/off) of
> the image. It also has a choice of foreground color. I also plan to
> implement scaling/cropping, a small gallery of images to choose from,
> and a list of predefined "settings packs", of course including images.

I don't see why you can't do that if you use the built-in functions,
unless you don't want users to be able to mess with the predefined packs...