[theme-reviewers] Need Help

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Mar 8 15:33:40 UTC 2012

There is nothing inherently wrong with selling Themes via a marketplace (or
via any other means).

The thing with ThemeForest is: I sat through the WordCamp KC keynote
address by Jeffrey Way, who very explicitly stated that all WordPress
Themes sold through ThemeForest are GPL - but by my reading of the actual
license terms on the site, I sure can't tell. Last time I checked, it
looked like WordPress Themes had basically the same license terms/options
as anything else on the site.

Chip