[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jun 12 20:16:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> Correct, it’s now working as it should, minus the flaw of not having enough
> $arguments to actually utilize the plethora of different abilities [
> background: ] has.   There is no comprehensive way to tell the background
> image to be fixed, centered or position-x/y.

Correct, however those are handled by the callback, which can be
redefined via the wp-head-callback argument, if you so choose.

> Requiring that the theme not implement any background to the body class is
> not necessary.

Yes, it is, because if a background is assigned to the body class,
then removal of that background is no longer possible. If you add a
background element to the body in the stylesheet, then you are not
implementing the custom-background functionality properly.

> I foresee in the future that those $arguments being passed to the $defaults
> = array will include but not limited to such things as
> (bool)‘background-image-none’,  ‘background-position-x’,
> ‘background-position-y’, ‘background-attachment’, etc.

Probably. Until then, the theme can implement those by creating their
own callback, if desired.