[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Mon Jun 11 23:16:33 UTC 2012

Thought I did, but I'll do it again.

Parent theme is updated to have arguments specifying a background.
\/ ---- in order of execution
Parent Style.css:
body { background-image: none; }

Child Style.css:
body { background-image: url('specifictochildtheme.jpg'); }

Some Plugin (if even used to override)
body { background-image: url('somepluginoverride.jpg'); }

The above two/three are *never* be seen because of this:
body.custom-background exists and body.custom-background { background-image:
none; }

Thousand and thousands of child themes that were developed would suddenly
have "issues" because the custom-background background-image: none; will
override all.

All to have an implementation in the backend to remove a background.